God - The Creator

God - The Creator

Wednesday 12 November, 2008

Thirst to Search God

On this earth very few people have the desire, the thirst to search God. We pray,do fast. visit temples and other things to please God so that our desires are fulfilled. But our desires don't end. We have no true feeling to search God. There is not need to search from outside. God is within. Go deep in dhyan and you will find there is some light, some omnipotent power within you.

Sikander(Alexander) after winning over many countries was on his way to India. He went near Hindukush. While he was passing near the river, he saw a saint with simple clothes was sitting in his deep dhyan(concentration). Sinkandar was on a horseback, he went and stood in front of the saint. The fakir(saint)looked at him and laughed a loud. Sikandar got wild and said"you don't know who I am? I am Sikandar, the great. I have won over many wars and countries. You are making fun of me by laughing. You are mocking me"

The fakir laughted again and said "You fool. You are so foolish that your are praising yourself. You are trying to force your greatness upon me. You don't look like a great man. You look like a poor beggar. Always wanting, not satisfied."

Sikandar got very angry, he immediately removed his sword from the dagger to kill the fakir and said "either you tell me how I am a beggar, a poor man, or get ready to die."
The fakir replied "I am not scared of death. I have already surrendered my neck to my Lord. Since you want to know why I called you a Beggar, a poor man, I am now going to answer that."
The saint said "Sikandar, for a while you image, you think that you are lost in a desert. It is very hot. There is no greenery there. You are just wandering around and you mouth has gone dry. You are thirsty, you are sweating and there is no water around. You are dying of water and that time I come in front of you with a glass of water. You need water badly. So what price would you pay me for that one glass of water."

Sikandar replied "I am very rich. I will give half of my captured property."
The saint said "but if I don't agree to half of your property, what would you do?"
Sikandar said "I will give you everything that I have for that one glass of water."
Saint said "You have so much property in millions and you are the owner of such a big state. Think again. would you prefer water or the huge property."
Sikandar said "I will not hesitate to think twice for giving up the entire property for the sake of a glass of water."
The saint smiled and said "See the value of a glass of water. A rich man ready to give up everything in exchange of a glass of water. Oh! what a bargain. Now who is a beggar, who is poor man. Am I not richer than you and happier than you."

Sikandar felt ashmed and agreed that the desires make you beggar like a poor man.

This is just an example of a glass of water. But if somebody says I will give you GOD, the Creator for your entire property. Will you agree?.
No we would not agree. We have no thirst, no desire, no eagerness to get God. We are fully entangled with worldly things, where is the place and time for God.

No comments: