God - The Creator

God - The Creator

Tuesday 25 November, 2008

Story of a Brahmin

There was a Brahmin, a true bhakt of Lord Krishna. He has expressed his views on Mahabharat. In Mahabharat there is a shloka "Bhavami na chirathparth" means God says "I take care of your life, I look after your needs and I will come personally to help you and carry you in my lap from the sea of sorrow."
The Brahmin opinion was "why should Lord take the trouble of coming personally and helping us. He has so many people with him. He can send his employees, his attendants, servants to come to earth for our help. So he scribbled with yellow colored pencil the word "Bhavami" from the shloka and inserted the word "vadami" in his book. After that he went to take bath in the nearby river. He was a very poor Brahmin and very little food was there in his house. While leaving his wife told him to get some foodstuff from the market after returning from his bath and pooja.

God Vishnu disguised himself as small boy of 10-12 years and went to his house. He carried a heavy load with foodstuffs like wheat,rice, pulses, salt, vegetables etc. When he reached his house he called out to the Brahmin's wife and said "See your husband has given me such a heavy load of foodstuff for your house and I am feeling breathless carrying this burden and see my full mouth has became yellow. The Brahmin's wife asked him "child, you are so young and innocent and why has my husband told you to carry such a heavy load. It is not right on his part. What is that yellow colour on your lips?

The child said "this is all done by Panditji." She replied "Has panditji gone mad, what is wrong with him? How can he smear your lips and cheeks with yellow colour. When he comes home I going to question him." She then told him to sit and have some breakfast. The child replied "I have some other work to do so I cannot wait for breakfast. Saying this the Lord who was disguised as a child disappeared.

When the Brahmin reached home, his wife started yelling at him "what is wrong with you? How can you send such heavy load with a small child? The child was feeling breathless by carrying this heavy burden of foodstuff which you had send through him. Now at this old age you played mischief with a small child by smearing the lips of the child with yellow colour. How could you do this to a small child. Being a Brahmin you should not do this. How can you be so cruel with a small child. You put so much burden on the child and made him carry heavy bag full of household eatables like rice, atta, dal etc. and you smeared his lips with yellow colour. I never expected you to behave like this with a small child atleast. This is like committing a sin?"

The Brahmin was stunned to see his wife screaming at him for no fault of his. He could not understand what was happening. He told his wife "Which child are you talking of? I have not met any small child and smeared his lips and cheeks with yellow colour. I have not send any foodstuff for our house. I don't have a penny to buy these things. Today I came empty handed."
The Panditji was surprised because he had not sent a small child to carry food items in his house. He was thinking that who could do this as he had no money also to buy these things.

Afterward he realised his mistake that he had overwritten with yellow ink the word Bhavami to Vadami in the shloka from pious book Mahabharat.. What God has stressed in the granth is true. He started weeping bitterly and said to his wife "Oh, How foolish I am? I tried to correct my Lord's word. He has strongly reiterated everywhere that He will come personally to help his disciples in need. But I was wrong by changing his words. I apologise and beg sorry from my Lord. I now firmly believe that you come personally to help us. You don't send your employees to help. The yellow ink smeared on my Lord's mouth is because of my foolishness. I am feeling so guilty. I thought I am right.

He further told his wife "you are lucky to have got darshan of God disguised as a small child, but I could not get to see him. How my Ego kept me away from my God. You being innocent got his darshan. Lord knew that we are poor and there was very little food in our house. He personally came to help me from this poverty. He gave his proof that he is always with me. In future I will never make any changes. I will accept whatever is written in the granth as his words, Lord's vani."

No comments: