God - The Creator

God - The Creator

Sunday 2 November, 2008

Keep balance between Praise & Criticism

A true follower of Almighty and strong believer in God never gets disturbed by praise or criticism. He never gets bloated when somebody praises him. Never looses his calm when he is criticised. He leads a balanced life. For us it is so difficult to live a balanced life. When somebody praises us for our looks, our status, our knowledge, our property and money, about our family and so on, we are never tired of hearing it. We love to hear people appreciating us for whatever we have above others. But when somebody finds fault in us, tries to criticise us, we get wild. We don't like to make friends with such people. We avoid people who criticise us.

Do not get carried away by false praise and criticism. Even big saints and kings had to bear all this. Just control yourself. Know to judge your true friend who will not praise or criticise you unnecessarily.
A saint was sitting near the bank of river lost in his thoughts. There was no worry, no tension, no fear or sadness. He was blooming like a flower. But we have everything like family, status, money still we are unhappy. We feel jealous of those who are happy with whatever little they have. A rich man was sitting in his car. He went near the saint. He saw that the saint was very relaxed. He felt jealous and started abusing him. He started using foul language by saying you are lazy, you a beggar, a thief, you don't want to do any work. In anger he spat on him and also threw dirt.
But the saint just smiled, remained calm. The man was surprised that he abused him, threw mud on him, spat on him, still he is not retaliating. He is not answering me back. He is not fighting or getting angry. The man felt concerned. He was also burning with fire of jealousy. He asked him again"Aren't you hurt, why are you not talking?" The saint was calm and peaceful.

That minute another man came. He bowed in front of saint, did pranaam to him. He knelt and washed his feet and said "you are so great, you are my God. I get so much peace under your feet. I feel very relaxed and comfortable when I sit with you. I feel highly satisfied when I am on your company."
Still the saint kept quiet. He did not answer. The second man who was praising the saint asked him"will you not talk with me and answer me, I have so much regard for you?"

Now the saint answered politely "See this man who came before you calls me a thief, a bad man and you are saying I am God. Now both of you sit together and decide whether I am God or I am shaitaan(Devil). Don't involve me in between. I am not worried about with what names people call me."

The saint was not perturbed by praise or criticism. He continued to do his service towards Almighty.

No comments: