God - The Creator

God - The Creator

Wednesday 12 November, 2008

Knowledge in any Field is Blessings of God

A Mahatma has written beautiful experiences of life and people around in his autobiography.
He said that he used to think that he was very talented, very knowledgeable person. He used to feel proud that he has gained so much spiritual knowledge. He has read so many books. He can give discourses on spirituality and has so many disciples. He said he became egoistic due to this special quality, which was bestowed upon him by the Almighty. He also said "I used to feel I am the greatest because people used to give me so much importance and I could solve many of their problems and queries and I would give them knowledge even if they did not ask for it."

Once he was passing through a village, it became evening and the sun started setting. It became very dark. On the way he met a boy of 8 to 9 years carrying deepak lit by him in his hand. He was carrying the diya towards a temple. The Mahatma stopped that boy and asked "where are you going ?"
The boy answered that he was going towards temple to light diyas in the temple.
Then Mahatma asked him that has he lit the diya which was in his hand. The said that Yes, he has only lighted the diya.
The Mahatma further questioned him"dear son, do you know from where the light in the diya comes or who gives us the light?"
The boy stared at Mahatma. Then he blew the diya and the light went off. He asked "now can you tell me where the light has gone?"
Mahatma was surprised by the boys question. He bowed in front of that young boy and said "you are my teacher(my Guru) from now. I could not answer this simple question of the boy that where the light disappears. I give such big lectures but do not know where light goes." A boy of about 8 to 9 year old boy became his Guru.

After sometime he saw a young woman who was walking in an uneasy position. Her body was not properly covered and her hair was also not tied properly. She dashed against the Mahatma and said "Did you see a young boy passing from here?' The Mahatma looked at her said "please look at yourself first. See the condition of your clothes and hair. You have no shame."
The young woman did pranaam to Mahatma and thanked him by saying " I am madly in love with a boy, I have passed from the big market, but nobody noticed my scattered clothes and hair. I have no idea what I am wearing and what I am doing. But I am surprised you being a Mahatma and madly in love with Parampita Paramatma(God), could ask me this question. You should sympathise with me and understand my condition that being in love you are not in a condition to know what is happening around you. You are not conscious. I love a boy and you love the Almighty.

The Mahatma then bowed in front of the young woman and said "you are my teacher(my Guru), who taught me how to love God, the Almighty. I was still paying attention to worldly things. Now onwards I should forget everything and get immersed in the love of my Parampita Paramatma.

The Mahatma realised that it was because of his Ego he could not understand God properly. But when he met these two Gods loving human being (the boy and young woman), he learnt a lesson that everything the Almighty knows. It is because of his blessings that we are able to attain knowledge. Otherwise in one instance he can destroy us. We should be thankful that we are by him in some field or the other.

No comments: