God - The Creator

God - The Creator

Tuesday 18 November, 2008

Nurture True Friendship

Once two very good friends went on a tour to Rajasthan. It was summer time and weather was very hot. In the broad daylight they were walking along a road. They both decided to take rest under the shade of a tree. They were very tired and sweating due to heat so they sat under the shade of a tree for two to three hours. One of the friends was feeling sleepy so he slept in the lap of his other friend.

It was deserted place. One friend was in deep sleep resting peacefully in his friends lap. The other friend was reading a book as he was not getting sleep. Suddenly a snake came out of the tree and he wanted to bite the friend who was sleeping.

The friend who was awake asked the snake "why you want to bite him?"
The snake replied "This man had hit me with a stick and I started bleeding from my neck. I also want to suck blood from his neck."
The friend said "If you bite him, he will die. You are so poisonous and if you bite with your teeth his whole body will become poisonous and he will die. I will not allow you to do this."
The friend then said "O.K you want only blood from his neck then I will slit his neck and give you that amount of blood which was shed from your body."
The snake agreed.
The friend removed a small knife(to cut fruits,veg.)from his pocket and slowly slit the neck of his friend and removed little blood for the snake. The friend who was fast asleep opened his eyes as he felt the pain. He saw a knife in his friends hand on his neck but still he went to sleep again without making any noise. The friend who was awake gave snake the blood and the snake went away.
The friend slowly and peacefully did some first aid on his friend's neck to heal the wound.
When the friend woke up, his other good friend asked him "it is a deserted place, no birds and animals are around and it is so hot and I am holding a knife in my hand, you are not making any commotion. You are not resisting, not making noise or getting angry. Tell me the reason. You did not suspect anything foul with a knife in my hand."
The friend replied "when you slit my neck, I started bleeding and felt severe pain. I woke up saw a snake and I also saw that I was resting in your lap, I did not suspect anything wrong because I have full faith in you, my dear friend. Before sleeping I had completely surrendered and laid down to you because I trust you. You will never harm me in anyway."
The other friend who was awake narrated the entire incident to him. The friend who was sleeping said " I love you and I know in future also we will always be friend,never disown each other."

Here two friends trust each other. But do we trust God the same way. Always doubting.
If you maintain such relations with God, he will help you in need. So surrender fully to God.

No comments: