God - The Creator

God - The Creator

Saturday 1 November, 2008

Equal treatment with friends and foes

Once a king came to Gautam Budha. He was holding a small child in his arms. He asked Gautam Budha "Do you talk bitter at times? Do you hurt somebody by talking rude?"

The king thought in his mind that if Budha says 'No' then he can point out the occasions where he had spoken rough and If Gautam Budha says "Yes' then he can argue that being a saint why he has to use rough language.

But Gutam budha being a gyani could read that king's mind. He knew that the king has come to humiliate him, put him down. So he asked the king "dear friend, this child whom you carrying in your arms by mistake swallows small ball of glass while playing, what would you do? If the child is unable to breathe due to the piece of glass stuck in his throat, would you keep quiet?"

The king answered "No, I will immediately try to remove the glass ball from his throat with my finger and then due to that if he cries, feels pain or anything I will not bother about it. I will be more concerned to save his life and I will try my best to save him by removing that glass forcefully from his mouth."

Gautam Budha smiled and said "Yes, here you are. I also speak rough and rude with some of my disciples to prevent them from going towards wrong path. Now you understood that to save my disciple from entering into wrong path I speak rough language. Though they may feel the pain that moment but later on they will not repeat such mistakes. I speak sometimes rude words with people for their good and betterment. I treat equally to all my disciples and followers. There is no discrimination.

No comments: