God - The Creator

God - The Creator

Tuesday 4 November, 2008

Humanity is our Religion

When Pandavaas were going towards Swarag(Heaven) they had to pass through Himalaya.
There were long shivaalya peaks and heavy snowfall on the way. One by one they had to cross Himalaya peak to reach Heaven. But it was chilling cold with gushing winds which they could not bear . One by one they started falling. Bhimsen body could not take this heavy snow storm. So he fell. Similarly Arjun also fell down after climbing little further. Nakula and Sahdev also could not reach due to the strong cold winds. Even Draupadi, their wife surrendered and could not accompany them. All the four brothers and their wife body fell off in the snow due to the storm. Only the eldest brother Yudhishthir could reach his destination.

As soon as the doors of Heaven opened, the devtaas were waiting to greet him with garlands. Dharamraj was waiting and greeted Yudhishthir with the words "welcome to Heaven, but the dog alongwith you is not allowed. There is no entry for your dog. In Heaven all the man don't get easy entry, how can a dog be allowed."

Then Yudhishthir calmly and politely said "please then close your doors of heaven. My brother Bheem, who was so powerful could not come with me. Arjun, who was proficient arrow shooter could not accompany me. Nakul and Sahdev, my handsome and qualified brothers are left behind. My wife Draupadi who used to say you are my life, my everything also could not reach Heaven. How can you expect me to take entry alone. Only this dog, who is faithful and true to me, accompanied me till the end. You expect me leave him alone. I can't be so selfish. I am not worse than a dog. Please shut the doors of Heaven. I don't need Heaven. First my dog will should be allowed only after him I will enter." It was a difficult test for Yudhishthir as he was strong believer of Human religion. For him taking care of everything and being true to everybody is the TRUE RELIGION.

The Devtaas laughed at Yudhishthir. They put their garland and threw flowers on Yudhishthir. They said "Look, who is there with you. The Dog was actually Dharam(true believer of mankind and humanity). That was Lord Vishnu disguised as Dog to test Yudhishthir.

When man dies nothing goes with him. His own body, his family, his money, his status, his country, his property, his children, everything which a man stakes claim of, is snatched from him by the hands of Death.. Nothing goes with him. But his Dharam( good qualities, good deeds, truth, humanity) goes with him. His dharam of being a true human being cannot be snatched by Death. Dharam is True Love and Faithfulness towards all nature's creations.

No comments: