God - The Creator

God - The Creator

Saturday 15 November, 2008

Satva Guna

There are three gunas(qualities) of nature. Satva guna, Rajo Guna and Tamoh Guna.
In satva guna we try to speak truth and search truth. In extreme of satva guna we go into samdhi. In Rajoh guna twenty four hours our mind is filled with desires. We don't get sleep, we are all the time thinking and wanting. There are endless desires and restlessness. But if this continues for long we become abnormal.
In tamoh guna people get very angry, they become very stubborn. In extreme anger his whole body starts trembling and sometimes it may lead to death. People feel jealous, lazy, there is no willingness. Mostly suicidal tendencies are due to extreme of tamoh and rajoh guna.
We should always pray to God that he bestows upon more of satva guna so that we can live in peace and harmony. When we are happy and relaxed we should feel that the satva guna is increasing.

When Gautam Budha was born, his father Shudhyodhan had made big arrangements for his birth celebration. He had invited many kings for his son Siddharth's birth. One old Mahatma entered Shudhyodhan's palace to see Gautam Budha. He had come from far off place and was very lean and old.
Shudhyodhan was very happy to see a high tapasvi, a yogi Mahatma coming to bless his son. His happiness knew no bounds.
He touched his feet and said " Mahatma, you are welcome to my palace. I am so blessed to have you here. How grateful is my son to whom a saint like you has come to bless. I had come to your ashram many times and had requested to bless my palace, you never came. But today I am so happy but surprised to see you. Do you need anything. Can I help you in any way?. Is there any problem, please let me know?.

The saint said "I am no trouble. I don't need anything. I have come to take darshan of this child, your son, who has taken birth in your house. I am so lucky to take darshan of this child. I am so blessed."

Shudyodhan rushed and brought his child in front of the saint. When he tried to keep the child in Mahatma's feet, the mahatma said "stop please, I have to touch his feet and take blessings. As Mahatma touched Gautam's feet, his small toe got entangled in Mahatma's hair(jatau). Later on Mahatma Gautam Budha's life was entangled in helping and solving people's problems. He became saint who brought peace on this Earth.

When tapasvi was about to leave, he started crying. Gautam Budha's father asked him "why are you crying? Is there anything wrong"
The saint replied "there is nothing wrong with your child. But 29 years from hence when this child attains knowledge(Nirvan), I will not be alive to see and hear him. How unlucky I am, how amangal for me.
The saint predicted that after 29 years this child will bloom like a flower, he will become a tapasvi. He will attain knowledge and will spread the fragrance peace and ahimsa all over the world. whoever will touch his feet and come in his contact will get moksh. I am feeling sad that I will not be able to witness all this. This is my last birth."

This is satva guna quality. The true saints and tapasvi can smell and feel the presence of satva guna person. They can easily identify the qualities within you.

No comments: