God - The Creator

God - The Creator

Saturday 1 November, 2008

Search of Almighty

A gyani bhakt does not need dharam, arth, kaam, krodh, lobh and moha. He only wants God. He is always in search of God, the Truth and the Peace. Once he achieves Peace and the Truth, he is satisfied with life. He is close to God.
A sufi saint was peacefully sitting in his small house(kutiya). A young boy entered inside his house in a haste. He removed his shoes and threw them roughly and angrily outside his kutiya. He then forcefully and with a loud noise banged upon the door. He straight away went to the saint and without hesitation, without being polite started asking him "what is Atma? I have heard a lot about atma, paramatma. What is it all about, tell me. I have come in search of Atma Paramatma, the Truth, the Peace. I have come from very far. You please give me the answer."

Mahatma said clearly but politely "please beg sorry from the shoes, beg sorry from the door which you banged so loudly. You have hurt them." The boy proudly said "I have never begged sorry from my parents, not even from my brothers and sisters, how can you expect me to ask sorry from my shoes and the door. Who are they. They are dead beings. I don't believe in sorry."

Mahatma sternly said "you have not yet learnt to behave with the shoes and the door and you are asking that you have come to know and gain knowledge about most higher and respectable Atma Paramatma. You have come in search of God, the Truth, the Peace. You don't feel ashamed. Go straight away apologise and beg sorry for your rude behaviour from the shoes and the door otherwise you may go. Your mind is filled up to the brim with Ego, Anger and rudeness, where is the place in your mind for God, Peace, Truth, Atma and Parmatma. You obey and do as I tell you or else quit and leave my house, my peaceful kutiya. It cannot accommodate you and I will not talk to you."

The boy then begged sorry from shoes and the door. The saint said "not with words or in haste but you have to totally bend in front of them (do saashtang pranaam). The boy realised his mistake and did saashtang pranam to the shoes and the door. The saint then made him sit and asked "now tell what you want to know, what are your queries?"

The boy felt very ashamed. All his anger, ego and negative energies got melted. He gained positive thoughts and told Mahatma "I have nothing to ask now. The knot of Ego and Anger has open, I was entangled and tied up in the knot of Ego which has now opened and untied by your blessings. You have opened up my eyes. I am thankful to you."

No comments: