God - The Creator

God - The Creator

Friday 12 December, 2008

White flowers and Red flowers

Swami samarth was staunch believer of Lord Rama. In his lectures he would speak only about Rama and the holy epic Ramayan. As it is said that wherever there is a discussion or a satsang about Lord Rama, his disciple Hanuman is always present.

Once swami Samarth was explaining to his disciples the story of Sita. He said that "when Hanumanji went to meet Sita in Ashok Vatika, the flowers that were blooming there of white colour."
Hanuman was sitting and hearing the satsang. He was thinking that "the flowers were red in colour when he first met sita mata, they were not white. How is swamiji saying that they were white. He is giving lecture based on the books. He was not there that time. I was the witness and I know they were red." Hanumanji immediately came in front of swami Samarth in physical form and said "swamiji, I am Hanuman. Just now you said that the flowers were white when Hanuman went to meet Sita at Ashok Vatika but I know they were red. I had actually seen them. How can you say that?" Swamiji said "I am also a disciple of lord Rama and I am also equally important like you. I know and I am sure the flowers blooming were white."

Hanumanji said "let us go to Lord and find out the truth." He carried swamiji on his shoulders and went to Rama. Lord Rama was surprised to see his disciples arguing for the colour of flowers at Ashok Vatika. Lord said"you are both equally precious to me. Iam happy to hear that you have done minute study of my life. You know each and every phase of my life. Lord did not want to displease his disciples. So he said that this questions answer only Sita can give you as I was not there. She was the only witness. I suggest you go and ask her."

Then they approached Sita Mata bowed in front of her and Hanuman asked "Mata, we have a query. We want to know the colour of flowers at Ashok Vatika when I came to meet you. This swamiji says that the flowers were white that time but I am sure they were red. You are the only witness and can you please solve this?" Sitaji smiled and made Hanuman relax. She said "oh! dear son Hanuman the flowers at Ashok Vatika were actually white. It is correctly scripted in religious books. Since you were very angry and your eyes had turned red, you could only see only red, only anger, so the white flowers looked red to you." Hanumanji thanked Sita Mata and said "In anger we forget our senses, we are not normal and view things in a biased way"

Hanumanji felt nice that Swami Samarth knows each and every detail of my Lord Rama. He thanked him said "You will always find me in places wherever Ram Katha is discussed or narrated" and then he disappeared.

This story teaches us a lesson that in anger we don't see things as they are and our judgement is never correct. Always take decisions in relaxed mood so there are no mistakes.

No comments: