God - The Creator

God - The Creator

Wednesday 3 December, 2008

Plan After Prayer

A Mahatma once early in the morning went to visit his disciple. The disciple had a big bungalow with a beautiful garden. His wife was strolling in the garden. As soon as she saw Mahatma she touched his feet and made him sit in the chair.

The Mahatma asked "where is my disciple?"
The wife replied "he has gone to buy shoes"
The Mahatma said "so early in the morning which shoe shop will be open."
The disciple was sitting in dhyan and praying in his room. He heard the conversation between the saint and his wife. He immediately came out of room and told his wife "early morning why are you telling lies to my Guru. You cannot tell him that I was praying in my room." He forgot about dhyan and prayer and started arguing with his wife. He told Mahatma that his wife is telling all lies. Don't believe her.

The Mahatma said " oh beti, why did you tell me lies that your husband has gone to buy shoes?. You could have politely told me that he in dhyan and is praying. Why create such an argument."

The wife said " Mahatmaji, give gangajal and tulsi in his hand and ask him to tell you honestly that what I said now is true or false. Is it a lie."

The tears started dripping from the man's eyes and said "swamiji, to tell you the truth I was buying shoes only and there was also some dispute with the shopkeeper."
Swamiji asked his wife that how did she come to know about it.

The wife answered "before going to pray and sit in his dhyan, my husband told me that after prayer and breakfast I will go to buy shoes. I knew that now his mind will not be in the prayer but in shoe shop. He must be thinking which shoe shop to buy from and which type of shoe. So I guessed that physically he is at home praying, but mentally he is shopping"

She said "Mahatmaji, you had taught us that before going for dhyan or doing prayer, do not make any commitments. Just concentrate on your Almighty. Spare some time for him. Mentally and physically, at that moment atleast we must be with him and not make any plans just before prayers. I told you what I felt about my husband. Am I wrong in saying that."

The Mahatma smiled and said "In future after doing your prayers make plans for the day or for future. Do not spoil that time in worldly and futile thoughts. Always keep your thoughts with God while praying. After prayers you have full time to do your daily job.

No comments: