God - The Creator

God - The Creator

Monday 6 October, 2008

Do your Job but Remeber your creator

God says do all your routine jobs systematically. There is no harm in working hard and making money. Close your eyes for a second and talk to God by saying "I am going to work, please accompany me." This way you will enjoy doing your work and you will feel that you are not Alone, The Almighty is with you.

Then while having your meals, just for a second Thank to God for the good meal you had. There is no harm in eating in hotels or eating outside food. Just say that "I am eating with you." The food will taste delicious and your stomach will not get upset because Almighty has eaten with you.

When you finish all your regular chores and retire to bed, just close your eyes and say "Today I had a good day, I am going to sleep, my Lord. I am sleeping in your lap, wake me up if you so wish.

Next day morning when you wake up thank him for sound sleep he gave you and for the beautiful day ahead. This way you will always be with God.

A bhakt does not have unnecessary desires. He is contented with whatever little he earns. But the desire to be with and near God should always be there.
Once a King went abroad. He had four queens. He told his wives to write and tell him whatever they wanted so that he could buy for them from abroad.
All the wives gave their demands in writing. One of the queen just wrote one simple word and gave him.
When he returned he brought things for the queens and sent them to their respective rooms. Then he entered the room of his first wife who had written only one word for him. He said I could not understand what you wanted so I have come personally to ask you. She smiled and said "I have got what I wanted. I wanted you, my husband, the King to be with me. I don't need anything else. You have come that is enough for me."
Same way if we demand only God, then everything of his is ours. Like how Arjun wanted only Krishna. He did not demand for weapons or big army, nothing of that sort. Only Lord Krishna, the true friend, true guide was enough to win over Kauravas.

No comments: