God - The Creator

God - The Creator

Monday 6 October, 2008

Desire means Not satisfied

Desire means I am not satisfied with what I am. I want more. The demand to have more is never ending. This body will decay but the demands don't end. It means that whatever qualities and specialties I have, I am not aware of it. The God (atma-Paramatma) who is residing within me, I have No knowledge about him. I am only looking for satisfaction from outside the world. But unfortunately these desires don't allow me look within. We have forgotten our qualities or intentionally we are not interested in knowing them. There should be a well wisher to remind us about good qualities within us.

There is a bird named Maina. The child of Maina is crying. The mother asks the baby maina that why is he crying. The baby replies "Mother, see there on the stem of the tree a peacock's baby is sitting, how beautiful he looks. He has beautiful and colourful feathers. Why I am not like him. why I did not get those looks?"

The baby maina's mother carried him to the other side of the tree. The baby maina saw that the baby peacock was crying. The mother asked the baby peacock that why is he crying. He said "Look Mother, on the stem of the other tree Maina's child is sitting, he has got melodious voice, he sings so beautifully. Why don't I have this beautiful voice?"

See the Maina's baby does not have knowledge about its beautiful voice so he is not happy. He want to look like peacock. Same way the peacock baby does not know the value of it's beautiful body so he is not happy and wants to have beautiful voice like Maina.

We are all like that. Not happy with ourselves. Want to copy others or feel jealous. Same way those others may not be contented with themselves. They also must be feeling jealous and want to look like us. But the true beauty lies within where we don't want to tread. Satisfaction is the true beauty of life.

No comments: