God - The Creator

God - The Creator

Wednesday 10 September, 2008

Love and Make Friends

Gyanti Bhakt’s 2nd quality is that he loves everybody and it is very easy for him to make friends.
Once Swami Ramatirth was going to America. He was sitting in a plane and next to him was seated an editor of an American newspaper. The news editor had seen sadhu for the first time. Simple dhoti and Jhatadhari. His face was shining and there was total peace on his face. The foreigner was continuously staring at him. He then asked him “Are you going to America”
Ramtirth replied “yes”
Then he asked him where is your luggage. He said “Ram does not carry burden, the burden is carried by animals”. The foreigner then said “oh! I hope you don’t have money or dollar”.
Ram replied “Ram does not keep any money or dollar”. The foreigner further questioned him by saying that you must be having friends or relative staying there.
Swami Ramatirth looked at him with profound love and kept his hand on his shoulder. The man was totally impressed by swami. He was visibly moved and swami Ramtirth just hugged him and said “you asked me about my friend, my relative in America, I say with pride that you are my friend, my relative in America.” After that they became good friends and Swami stayed with his new found friend in America for as many days
he stayed there.

No comments: