God - The Creator

God - The Creator

Monday 5 January, 2009

Forgiveness

When Sita Mata was in Ashok Vatika, Hanumanji went to meet her. He felt very sad to see her condition and could not bear to see the raakshasni's of Ravan ill treating her. He got very and said "mata. give me permission to kill and punish these raakshsni's who are torturing you." Sita mata with her moist eyes politely said "you are Lord Ram and sita's true bhakt. Forgive them. They are employees of Ravan, they are doing their duty. It is not their fault, forgive them. Why you want to punish them?"
Then Sita Mata narrated a story to Hanuman, the true bhakt of Ram and Sita.
She said a man was wandering in the jungle and he could not find his way. A lion started following him. He got scared seeing the lion and climbed on a tree. On the tree a bear was sitting. He did not know what to do. There was death down in the form of lion and death up on the tree in the form of bear. The bear said "do not got scared, you have come to my house and I will give you shelter. I will take care of you."
The lion was waiting under the tree for this man to fall or come down. The lion told bear "throw him down, don't trust this man." The bear replied "I cannot do this as he has taken shelter(sharan) in my house. I will protect him by sacrificing my life, but I will not throw him."
The lion was adamant and full night he sat under the tree waiting for this man. The bear told the man "I have taken care of you till midnight and then when you wake up I will take rest in your lap and you take care of me." The man agreed and slept peacefully in the bear's lap. At midnight the bear woke him up and said that now it was his turn to rest. The man put bear to rest on his lap. The lion looked up and said to man "this bear is taking care of you because he is scared of me but after sometime he will eat you so throw him down. Lion roared and said "throw him."
The man got frightened and threw the bear down. The bear did not fall he took support of the stems of the tree. The lion laughed and said to the bear "you saw how selfish are these man. You cannot trust them. how can you give shelter to him."
The bear replied "he has come under my shelter(sharan), I will forgive him but not allow him to fall. I will protect him."
Sita Mata said "everybody on this earth makes mistakes, we must forgive them for once. A bear can forgive man whose nature or food his flesh and we man who are intelligent and understanding cannot forgive."
Hearing this Hanuman became quiet and his anger subsided.

No comments: