God - The Creator

God - The Creator

Sunday 11 January, 2009

Patience and Determination

A Bodha Bhikshu went to take bhiksha in Vaishali, once a capital city of India. He entered a big bungalow and knocked at the door. The door opened and a young and beautiful woman was standing in front of the bhikshu. She was wearing heavy jewelery and looked a very rich lady.
She gave a dirty look at the bhikshu and got angry. She was against Budha dharam. She did not believe in Bodha and said "why are you here and next time dare you entered my house? why have you come to my house for begging?

The Bhikshu smiled and said "bhagini,will my bhikshapatra go empty from your house?
She was very angry and said "Yes, I will throw this dirt from dustbin in your patra." She immediately threw the dirt from dustbin in his bhikshapatra. The bhikshu politely removed the dirt and did pranaam and thanked for her foolish act. People gathered there and started telling him why he had to stoop so low and why he went to her house. He could have gone some other place.

The bhikshu replied "when my Guru had given me diksha he told me that whatever you get in your bhikshpatra, be contented and thank that person. If people abuse you, throw mud on you, still you should thank them. She has given me something and not taken away anything. A lady who had never touched or lifted dustbin in her life has to bend at least to take that in her hand. She has changed a bit. Now I will go everyday and knock at her door. Slowly but steadily she will learn to be kind and offer me the right bhiksha."

Never lose courage. There may be many obstacles in our life, we must be patient enough to overcome them. Our efforts will not go in vain. Have faith in Almighty who has created a variety of living and non living things for us. We must feel that he is with us all the time. We will definitely win our task.

No comments: