God - The Creator

God - The Creator

Saturday 10 May, 2008

Peace and Love

There was a rich businessman. He had a big family and lot of money and was always happy. Once Goddess Laxmi said "I am taking leave from you. You have done enough of my service and now it is time for me depart. Before leaving I want to give you a vardaan. Only one demand I can fulfill of yours."

The businessman replied "let me consult my family members and tomorrow I will come back to you." He called all his family members, they all assembled in the big hall of his house. He told them that we can get one vardaan from Laxmi Mata as she is taking leave from our house. Please let me know what demand should we place in front of her.

Everyone started giving their opinion, they all asked for material things which did not appeal to the businessman. But his youngest daughter-in-law, who was very intelligent and sensible, kept quiet, she did not utter a word. He then requested her to ask for something, why is she keeping quiet, place any demand. Then she politely said "Look father, if Goddess Laxmi is departing from our house then to demand for material things is meaningless because with her whatever we have today will all go. If you really insist and want to have genuine vardaan from Mata Laxmi, then I would suggest you to ask for one simple thing that Peace and Love always abide in your house."

The businessman and his family agreed and then next day he bowed in front of Goddess Laxmi and placed his demand that LET PEACE remain in our house and then you can take farewell or take leave from our house.

Goddess Laxmi smiled at him and said "Oh! how can I leave the house where there is always peace and love, even if I want to I cannot because Lord Vishnu loves peaceful and cool place, I cannot leave him. Lord Vishnu abides in Shirshsagar which is a cool place. When there is peace, there is coolness in the house, there is no anger, no ego, no frustations or tension, all the members love each other, they help each other at the time of crises, then naturally they will take care of material things also and would not divide. So I have decided to stay back with you and would bestow the vardaan of Peace forever and remain with you."

No comments: