God - The Creator

God - The Creator

Tuesday 29 April, 2008

Once early morning a saint was standing near a river, enjoying the breeze and viewing beautiful sunrise, a young boy bowed in front of him. He came forward requested him to make him his disciple and said "I have come in search of God, peace and soul. I have come from very far, I wondered many places and finally I came to you as I was told you are the true saint who would help me to find God. I have come with high hope, please do not disappoint me"

The saint observed the boy from top to bottom and then removed a stone from his pocket and handed over to him and said "Go to the market and value this stone, do not sell it. First start from the vegetable market." The boy obediently took the stone and marched towards vegetable market. He went around the whole market showing everyone the stone and asking for the value but nobody offered more than two rupees. He came back and told the saint that people are giving only two rupees for this stone, shall I sell it.
The saint then told him to find out the value from gold and silver market. He went to the market found out that the shopkeepers are willing to give him ten thousand rupees and that to in cash. He narrated the entire thing to him and said "Shall I sell it for this value". The saint replied in negative. He told him to go to diamond merchants and assess the value. When he went there he was shocked to see that people were ready to offer lakhs of rupees. The higher he went, the higher rate was offered. He went running to the saint, palpitating and thinking how a stone's value can go up from two rupees to lakhs of rupees, and said to the saint "What should I do now?. The saint smiled and took that stone from him and said the value of this stone runs into crores and kept it back in his pocket.

He told the boy "I did this drama to make you understand that you are talking of peace, of God and soul, satisfaction, this atma(soul) peace is in my pocket. I can remove it and give it you. But at present your condition or desire to learn about atma is in the vegetable market stage. A crore rupees diamond you were ready to sell in vegetable market. To learn about God, peace and satisfaction you have raise up, you cannot sell it in the hands who have no value or no knowledge about it.

Have patience and judge what a valuable thing is spiritual knowledge

No comments: