God - The Creator

God - The Creator

Wednesday 11 March, 2009

Suspicion

A young boy went to a Mahatma. He touched his feet and requested him to give him knowledge about Atma and Paramatma. The saint made the boy sit next to him and said "how eager are you know about Atma and Paramatma?
The boy replied "I am very eager and I want to learn fast." The boy said that he has come from far of place and all the people suggested him to visit you. Now You are the only person who can give me gyan about God and Soul. The saint asked "how much time can you spare of your life to learn about God"
The boy said "I want to learn instantly."
The saint said "you have to stay with me for sometime and then only I can teach you. It can take one day, one weak, can be one year or more." The boy thought for sometime and replied "yes, I am ready to stay with you and I know I can learn fast."
The Mahatma said "you have to do whatever work I tell you to do."
The boy agreed.
The next day Mahatma handed over a box which was locked and told the boy to handed it over to another Mahatma, his friend, who stayed 2 to 3 klms. away from his ashram.
The boy obediently agreed and took the box and started walking. On the way he felt some funny sound coming from the box. He became curious to know what was inside the box. He first controlled himself but later on got tempted. He unlocked the box and saw a rat jumped out of the box. The boy was surprised and could not decide as to what to do as the rat ran away. He anyway caught hold some other rat and locked it in the box. He reached the Mahatma's ashram, touched his feet and said that this box has been gifted by his Guru.
The Mahatma without opening said "in this box there is a rat. You opened the box to see what it contained. The rat jumped out of it and you have kept another rat instead. Am I right?"
The boy was stunned as he did not know what to say. He apologised and begged sorry by saying "I got curious to know what the box had as it was making some funny sound and as I opened it the rat jumped out and I kept another rat so that my Guru should not know that I opened the box. But swamiji how did you know that I opened the box and exchanged the rat?"

The Mahatma smiled and replied"you are very young and eager to know things fast. But first control your mind. It is running like a rat. First sacrifice something to learn about God. Your Guru gave you your mind in the form of a rat tightly locked in. But see as you opened it, it jumped and ran away somewhere else and you exchanged it with some other rat, the mind. Since your Guru has sent you to me I will try to help you to be steady. Never get tempted. Think, judge and then act. Once you know the art of controlling your own mind, you will also get the blessings of reading other persons mind. So be patient, your queries will be solved.

No comments: