God - The Creator

God - The Creator

Monday 28 July, 2008

Faith and Surrender " A true story"

In Brindavan there used to be a saint of Sant Haridas's follower. He was very kind and helpful Mahatma. Once a young cowboy(Gwala) came to him. He told him that he has left his house and come to him so please accept me as your disciple. The boy said he would do anything for him. The saint replied "I will make you my disciple but you first have to take care of my cowshed. There are many cows and you have to take them to jungle to feed grass to them." He asked "what will I eat there? The Mahatma then ordered his another disciple to give him some potatoes, rice, wheat, salt and pepper etc. and told him to make chappatis and cook potatoes over there. But before eating you must first offer little food to God. The boy cooked food and offered some food to God as said by his Guruji. He waited for long but God did not come to taste his food. He was very hungry so he went on screaming and crying and calling bitterly to God to first come and have his food. But God did not come. Again he called and wept and said "God please come and have my food, I am so hungry but if you don't eat then I will have to remain hungry".

He waited and finally Lord Krishna appeared in front of him, shared food with him. Radha Rani was waiting for Krishna to have food with her but Lord said that he is not hungry as he has eaten his food with a gwala at Brindavan. She said how could you eat alone, tomorrow I will also join you to have food with him. Next day again after cooking food the boy waited for God to come. Now Lord Krishna and Radhaji came in front him and ate with him. Now the boy was running short of food because his Guruji had given him foodstuff for one person only. He went to his Swamiji and said "you told me to first offer cooked food to God and then eat. But God came with Radhaji and finished all my food. Now please give me more food grains and vegetables for me, God and Radhaji."

The saint was surprised that he had given him enough of foodstuff, more than what is required. How could he finish it so fast. He did not believe his story that God and Radha Rani have shared food with him. He thought he being an innocent boy must have dropped it somewhere.

Anyway the Mahatma gave him more stock of food. The third day when he waited for God to come, he saw Lord Krishna has come with Radhaji and so many gawal bal. They finished the entire stock of food. Nothing was left for the next day. The boy innocently approached his Guru and said "Everyday I offer food to God but he brings many people with him and they finish everything. Now tell me what to do. You have to give me more".

The Mahatma knew that boy is innocent and not making stories, there must be something happening in jungle that the food gets finished so fast. Anyway he gave him more food to cook for few more days. He then slowly followed him and hid behind the bushes to see what is happening. The saint could not believe his eyes that Lord Krishna along with Radhaji and gawal bal were enjoying his food and finished everything. He felt very amused and elated and then did namaskar to God. He then thought that so many years he has been praying and never could see God but this boy innocence and dedication impressed God so much that he sat and had food with him. This boy is great, his faith has done wonders, he is so dedicated. he touched that boy's feet and said that your true faith in God has given me opportunity to do darshan of Lord Krishna. You are true believer of God. What you did in few days, I could not have imagined in my life time. You are pure disciple of Lord. There is no cunning feeling in you, you are so pure.

The saint then told the boy that now onwards you become the priest of the temple and take care of God's idol and see that nobody steals or spoils anything from the temple. The boy agreed to sit inside the temple and take care of it. Now he was on temple duty. When it was 10 p.m. God came out of temple door. The boy asked him "where are going?". God replied "for raas leela".
He said "Go back inside the temple, I am the caretaker and nobody can go out after 10 p.m.". God answered "see I go everyday for raas leela at this time."
The boy said I don't know anything about other days, my duty is from today. Please go inside. Lord smiled and said "If you don't believe then you can also join me, but let me go. God had dressed up and it was sharad poornima. He told the boy to sit under a tree and enjoy the dance. Full night raas leela was going on with Radha Rani and so many gopis. The boy was surprised to see Lord Krishna dancing with so many gopis. Then one gunghroo fell on the ground. The boy picked it up and tied in a handkerchief. Then raas leela got over in the morning. It was time for Lord to return. The boy told the Lord "you look so tired and you are sweating, please sit on my shoulders I will carry you till the temple." God said that there is no need I go for raas leela everyday and come back on my own.

In the morning when the Mahatma entered the temple and was making preparations for Mangal Aarti, the boy stopped him. He said "wait, ten minutes back Thakurji has gone to sleep, do not disturb him with your aarti. The Mahatma lost his temper and said "you have gone mad, gone crazy. This aarti I do everyday in the morning, how can you stop me. This is just an idol of Lord. How can it sleep in the early hours of morning." The boy innocently showed him the ghungaroo and said that during night at 10 p.m. he had gone with Lord and saw raas leela. There Lord's ghungaroo fell down which he has tied and kept in a handkerchief . Mahatma was stunned to see the ghungaroo as he know they were thakurji's ghungaroo. They were not there on God's ankle. The Mahatma was deeply impressed by the boy bhakti and innocence. His unconditional dedication for the Lord. From then onwards it was decided to pray and do aarti at 8 a.m i.e in the morning at eight 'O' clock. Now also at other temples aarti is offered at 4 a.m.. but in Bihariji's mandir at Brindavan it is offered at 8 a.m..

No comments: