God - The Creator

God - The Creator

Sunday 3 February, 2008

It is very easy to make fun of others and to criticize them. But when you face the same situation, you feel hurt.
A very interesting story of a sufi saint.

Once a sufi saint went on his yatra. On his way he passed by a village. The village boys were very mischievous and naughty. They put a garland of shoes on the saint’s neck and waited to see his reaction. They thought he willget angry and shout at them and then they would have a nice fun. But the fakir started laughing and dancing. He looked very happy. All the people from that village were wondering that why is he so happy on wearing a garland of shoes. He should feel insulted. Then one man from the crowd got up and told him “ Maharaj, this is a garland of shoes, why are you so amused.” The saint replied that this is a garland atleast, you have given me something, not taken away anything. When a garland can be of beautiful flowers, it can be shoes as well. You have atleast honoured me with that and I am pleased with it.
The sufi saint then told the village people that on his yatra, he first passed through a village of gardeners. They presented me a beautiful garland of flowers. After that I entered another village of goldsmiths. They offered me a gold chain. Then I passed by the village of diamond cutters, they gave me a diamond chain.
Now I think I have entered the village of shoemakers(cobblers), where all shoemakers stay. I realized that I could get only a garland of shoes from here so I accepted the same with gratitude. I am happy and satisfied with what I get. People are atleast giving me something, they are not away anything from me and in return I thank and bless them and accept their offerings with love.
Hearing this the village people felt very bad, the boys also apologized and begged sorry for their misbehavior.

No comments: